Monday, January 27, 2014

SUN?

Haha! Washington weather is almost as strange as Utah weather. It was pretty sunny this past week and then so foggy! so weird and it most defiantly doesn't feel like winter at all. NO SNOW. so strange
Lovely. Just lovely. Hello Hello everyone! How are you all doing?!

This week. Well let's just say this week was long and seemed like it was never going to end. We are having a hard time trying to find more people to teach which can be very difficult and frustrating but I find that I really have to trust in the lord and know that people are truly being prepared to have us teach them. There were a couple of neat experiences that I would love to share that touched my heart. Let me first say a couple things and then I will get into it. We had district meeting and I gave a talk.. and SHOUT OUT to CADE aka old grasshopper for sending me that wonderful letter in the MTC.. I shared a story from his letter and everyone loved it.. and then I said.. what he told me. "keep it real, keep it simple" and that is what I live by each and every day. I LOVE the gospel and there is so much to it and I want to learn more and more each day but really its the small and simple things that truly matter. I went on exchanges this week and was left in my area all by myself so that was quite the experience! it was pretty fun though! and 3 2 1... Brother Krick! we went over to his house and had a wonderful lesson with him and finally at the end I just said "brother krick, lets get you to church" and we all just laughed and he said.. "ya know, I think I am actually going to come this week! and drum roll please... HE DID!! he calls me granddaughter and he walked into church and it was so awesome to see him all dressed up and what not. We were able to sit by him during sacrament and he just made us both smile so big! and then this week Elisabeth kept canceling on us which was very sad and we started to worry that she no longer wanted to meet with us and we couldn't get a hold of her or anything and then all of a sudden on Sunday we see her and her daughter walk right into church and sit on the second row. TENDER MERCY for sure. and we have a lesson with her tonight! yay! I pray that she will continue to progress as well as her daughter. Sorry I am sorta scattered all over the place and I don't have much to share. We did have another very spiritual experience with another less active member who finally opened up to us and told us everything that she had been going through and at the end I asked her to say the closing prayer in Spanish and she looked at me very shocked and said "well sisters you wont even be able to understand" and I thought.. DANG! shes so right... I don't know any Spanish and I am so lame.. but I said hahah we don't care.. and so she did.. and BOOM! spirit was totally there... tears in the room and she said.. I know I need to come to church.. WAHOOOO! so awesome.. I mean bummer that I could only pick out a few words because my Spanish is ummmm how do you say... ocho... babahaha that's 8 but I mean I don't know any but man you could feel the spirit in that room when she said her prayer. Props to all the people who know Spanish... its beautiful... Tash and Dad.. you guys rock! That's pretty much it ladies and gentlemen. Life is good. I love the gospel and I know this church is true. We attended a youth fireside last night and spoke at it and the youth are so awesome! I love them and they are the best little member missionaries ever. I LOVE YOU ALL!! I want to end with a scripture...
Alma 19:16-17
16 And it came to pass that they did call on the name of the Lord, in their might, even until they had all fallen to the earth, save it were one of the Lamanitish awomen, whose name was Abish, she having been converted unto the Lord for many years, on account of a remarkable vision of her father—
17 Thus, having been converted to the Lord, and never having made it aknown, therefore, when she saw that all the servants of Lamoni had bfallen to the earth, and also her mistress, the queen, and the king, and Ammon lay cprostrate upon the earth, she knew that it was the power of God; and supposing that this opportunity, by making known unto the people what had happened among them, that by beholding this scene it would dcause them to believe in the power of God, therefore she ran forth from house to house, making it known unto the people.
hello abish is such an awesome SISTER MISSIONARY and i want to be just like her.. in running from house to house sharing the gospel.
love your dearest Sister Norton:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment