Wednesday, November 11, 2015

home at last


  After being home for 6 months from serving my mission in Everett Washington I decided to go back for just a short trip. My mom and I were able to catch a flight early Saturday morning on November 7th. (Fun fact:I left for my mission on November 6th,2013. So it was a significant weekend for me). We flew in early Saturday morning and spent a little time in Seattle. The main reason of going this weekend was to surprise a good friend of mine who made the decision to serve a mission. Saturday was full of lots of visits to people I love who had no idea I was even stopping by. It made it that much more fun to show up at their door step and be welcomed with such much love. I was able to see my wonderful mission President and his wife for just a short moment. Oh how I miss them. They are still some of the best people I know and I will forever love them. President made time to visit and see how I was doing even though I knew he had no time at all. That is just the way he is. I admire that about him.
 
  We were then able to make a quick stop in lake Stevens which was my first area. I got to see The Ewings, and the Meltons. They were both Ward Mission Leaders of mine while I was there We then made our way to Everett to see Bishop Fawcett and Sister Montgomery. Sister Montgomery and i became very close while i was serving. We almost knew eachother way too well. She was so kind to let us stay at her home, and let me tell you, we had a ball.  

  Sunday couldn't have gone smoother. We went to Lynnwood to the Alderwood 2nd ward to see Ashtin Markoswki report for her mission. She will be leaving next Wednesday and has been called to serve in the Paris France mission. We walked in the chapel of couple minutes before it started and saw Brother Makowski. He looked at me. And then looked again to only realize that in fact it was me. His jaw dropped and he pointed to ASHTIN who was on the stand practicing a song she would sing during sacrament. I ran up there without her knowing and BAM. She turned at just the right moment and we hugged and laughed and cried. She first looked at me and said. "SISTER NORTON?! is it really YOU?! Are you really here?!" Shortly after she then said. "Wow! I feel all tingly" there are no words that can express this wonderful moment. I cannot even begin to explain the love that I have for the people all over Washington. They have really impacted me and I will never forget them. She gave a wonderful talk and I loved listening to how much she had grown up just over a year. After sacrament meeting I was able to mingle for just a little bit to see some more people. 

  We then quickly got in the car and rushed to the View Ridge ward which was my last area. Walking into the building brought so many flashbacks and I so wished to be a missionary again. I missed the feeling. 



President and Sister Bonham

The Ewings

The Meltons

Bishop Fawcett and his family


Sister Montgomery 

Ashtin Markowski

We were a little late,so we had to sneak into the back of the chapel. It turned out being perfect because there was so many people in the back who I wanted to sit with. They were just as shocked to see me as I was to see them. I loved the short amount of time that I was given to see the ward member in the View Ridge ward. I so wish that I could have had more time to spend with them, but I will take what I can get. I will forever cherish the 18 months that I got to spend there. Washington has truly become another home for me. I feel as if I almost have family up there just as much as I have family in Utah. 
 I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that as we are true and faithful to our covenants that we will have the opportunity to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again. I can't wait for that day; to be welcomed in by their loving arms. They love all their children. 
Sister Alexa Norton
WEM💚

No comments:

Post a Comment