Monday, October 6, 2014

CONFERENCE! Modern scripture :)

"Compared to God, man is nothing.. yet... we are EVERYTHING to GOD"
 
 I am pretty sure this was said a couple conferences ago but it stood out to me this week. Especially when Pres. Uchtdorf was able to talk about how much God does love us and care for us but it is up to us to LISTEN. That just hit me pretty hard and I have been thinking about it. There always seems to be a common theme to conference and each person will get something different out of it.. because hopefully we each went into it with some sort of question. It is not a bad idea to step back from all the things that we have going on in our lives that keep us separated from God and to really listen to what it is that he wants for us. I know that he is there and aware and is listening. There have been many times where we are talking with someone and all I can really tell them is.. I know that I don't fully
understand what you are going through.. but I do know someone that does and I know he is there for you. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are real... and they are there for us no matter what! 

 Conference was amazing.. we were able to watch it at an investigators house for one session which was super cool and then we watched the rest at the church with all the other missionaries. super fun! There were so many great talks and so many things that stood out to me! I loved how a lot of the talks were very centered on Jesus Christ and how he is our Savior, on how the sacrament is a cleansing experience and is a very sacred ordinance, pleasing God and not man, personal and lasting conversion.. Okay... the list could really just go on and on. bottom line is...  THE church is TRUE! 

 Updates. Jennifer is getting baptized this Saturday and she is super ready! We are so excited and happy for her. She has been glowing and glowing and her testimony of the gospel is getting deeper. We will continue to work with her because converts are very important and must not be forgotten about. She will be getting a calling soon and we just cant wait! We were able to meet with another investigator this week and the beginning everything was going wrong.. first of all.. their dog was attacking my companion and biting her and i was trying to help her and there was just barking and screaming and it was no good. Finally the dog calmed down and we sat down with the mom. She began to tell us  how she was too busy and didn't have time.. all I could think in my head was noooooooooo.ooooooooooooooo whyyyyy? we continued to talk and then before we knew it we set up another time to meet with her the following week! AWESOME. the spirit is the teacher and helped us know exactly what to say to her. 

I have grown such a love for the Book of Mormon. the stories that are in it help me all the time. I love being able to read from it with others for the first time and to see them grasp on to what it is saying. we should be reading from it everyday. I know that we will get something out of it each time we read it. That's what makes it so great. It does bring you closer to God. 

Thanks for the amazing people that you all are in my life. Thanks for being so supportive and so loving. Im grateful to be on a mission and to be a representative of Jesus Christ. Its life changing.

love you!!
Sister Norton:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment