Monday, September 29, 2014

temples, covenants, canada, lovely green happiness! :)

The church is so true. it just is!:) This week has been super great and so much wonderfulness going on here in Ferndale. I will spare you guys all from the details and talk about the MAIN things going on.

1st! Jenifer is doing so well. This week we were able to teach her the word of wisdom and we were a little hesitant because she loves tea and drinks a little bit of coffee. After our lesson we left and received a couple text messages from her, telling us that she had throw all of her coffee, creamer, and tea away. WOW. AMAZING. she is getting so ready to be baptized on October 11th and then confirmed the next day which is really cool because that marks a year since I went through the temple. It will be a really significant day for her and I am so excited! Something that I have really loved is having this immediate love for her from the very beginning. I can just feel how much heavenly father really loves her and is so happy for her and the changes that she is making. Its cool to have a front row seat at watches people make changes in their lives. She told us the other day that she so wishes she would have just listened to the Elders before instead of just slamming the door on their faces. It just shows that none of their efforts were wasted and that in the right time Jennifer would be ready and prepared. She seems to be glowing and glowing the closer we get her to her baptism. CANT WAIT!

We are also teaching Debbie who is a lady that we were able to talk to on the street and she was more than willing to have us over to talk with her. We taught her about the Restoration and left her with a pamphlet to read and we came back for a return appointment and she had so many great questions and was so eager to be introduced to the book of Mormon. More to come on her later. 

 The women's conference was amazing!!! SO great. I love how it was all so centered on the temple and keeping our covenants. I got a lot out of it and a couple things that I was able to personally learn and take from it were...
-We are weak creatures with a beautiful future because of the atonement of Jesus Christ. 
-that we are to be consistent in ALL that we do.. that is something that I know I can improve on. 
oh and lack of time so much more.. but I did love that Uctdorf was able to touch on the fact that we have been given commandments and we are to follow them and that God really does know things that we just don't.
being a disciple of Jesus Christ is a journey and requires us to stretch and do things that we may not want to do, or maybe we feel like we just cant. But I know that we can and I know that they are possible. we have so much potential! its amazing. 

lastly. we went to CANADA today and I loved loved loved it. peach arch, the ocean and so much fun. I love so many little things about Washington. its beautiful. 

alright. you guys. love you to pieces.! 
I will end with a great scripture. 
ALMA 15:18

 I love this because it shows how we are to strengthen our companions in the lord. and to serve them. its true. that's all:) 



Now as I said, Alma having seen all these things, therefore he took Amulek and came over to the land of Zarahemla, and took him to his own house, and did administer unto him in his tribulations, and strengthened him in the Lord.

 love Sister Norton!

No comments:

Post a Comment