Monday, January 19, 2015

faith, faith, faith...and SEAHAWKS...again!

FUN FACT: we went to BOEING on Monday. Did you know they have a building there that  Disneyland can fit inside of. It is crazy BIG there and it was a blast.. oh the airplanes. "I love JET noise" It's a Washington thing. Also over 41,000 people work there. 
As for the Seahawks. Can you believe it. They made it to the SUPERBOWL again. The state of Washington just may blow up if they win AGAIN. Everyone is crazy here about the Seahawks...what a memory.:)
 This week was AMAZING! We have been so so so so blessed. We really put our faith and trust in the Lord and we were blessed beyond belief i couldn't believe everything that began to happen to us.
Example: We were out biking one day and we stopped to talk to this man.. turned out he was a member but hadn't been to church in a very long time, he told us he would pay for our lunch so we went and had one of the most wonderful experiences talking about the power of gods love for each and everyone of us. ITS TRUE. We are children of God and he loves us so so so MUCH. 
another one is we had another powerful lesson with a family that we are teaching! i wish i could explain more, you just have to be there to feel the spirit that is in that home. Its powerful. 
another: we were able to get 5 of our investigators to a baptism this week and it got a little stressful then Sister Johnson and I had to go on splits for a while.. I walked into the baptism with a couple of our investigators and "my replacement of a companion for the meantime", then other missionaries weren't so sure what to do with me because i told them i left Sister Johnson at home.. OOOOPS. You just had to see their faces. Priceless. I LOVE BEING a missionary!:) 

MY testimony is this. FAITH! FAITH FAITH!! Not only do we need to Believe in and have Faith in Jesus Christ but we need to BELIEVE HIM. " Ask and ye shall receive". That has seemed to be the common theme for us this past week. We have put our faith and trust in the Lord and have been able to see miracle after miracle. I believe Jesus Christ is the way.. and i believe that we will one day meet our maker and stand before Him. I love love love the Book of Mormon and I know that it is true. It testifies of Christ and it will strengthen our testimony of Him if we read it. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is real and we must have Faith that it can carry us. The gospel is true. Missionary work is fulfilling. I love Everett.

Then in a moment to my view
The stranger started from disguise.
The tokens in his hands I knew;
The Savior stood before mine eyes.
He spake, and my poor name he named,
"Of me thou hast not been ashamed.
These deeds shall thy memorial be;
Fear not, thou didst them unto me."
I wanted to end with this. For some reason this verse in this song always gets to me. He knows us by name, he is not ashamed of us. Let us all try to be a little better this week by serving our fellowmen and becoming more and more like the Savior. 
" Choose to be a disciple, Choose to be a SAINT"

love love love you ALL! 
Love, 
Sister Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment