Monday, January 12, 2015

Oh the cultures in Washington...:)

wowowowowowowow WHAT A WEEEEK! 
time is just flying by and I can't believe that it is already Monday again. HAPPY first day of the week:)
 I first wanted to start out with a scripture found in the Book of Mormon. Heavenly Father is so good to me. There is a God and he does love us so much. His love is always there for us and I truly felt it this week. So many questions that I had were answered simply by my study in the scriptures. As i was reading this week I came across one of my favorite.. parts in the Book of Mormon. It is found in Alma and Ammon is rejoicing in the many people that he has been blessed to help bring into the light of the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

ALMA 26
15 Yea, they were encircled about with everlasting darkness and destruction; but behold, he has brought them into his everlasting lightyea, into everlasting salvation; and they are encircled about with the matchless bounty of his love; yea, and we have been instruments in his hands of doing this great and marvelous work.
 16 Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.

There are a couple of things that I LOVE about this scripture.
1. HE recognizes that it is HIS work meaning the Lords and that it has only been because of HIM that he is able to have so much JOY.
2. He knows that he is simply just an instrument in the work of the Lord and that the work he did was so GREAT
3. He then goes on to glory, but he glories not in himself but in the Lord, and he promises to praise him forever. 
Ammon is a great missionary. One that i think we can all strive to become like. He knows who he trust and he is a great example of willing doing exactly what the Lord wants him to do with an obedient and cheerful heart. He is HUMBLE. I love the last part. He tells us that he cannot begin to say the smallest part of which he feels. He is right. 
I truly cannot begin to tell you all how grateful and happy i truly am in this work! I love love love it. I feel just as Ammon does. I can't begin to tell you the smallest part of which i feel because if i did i would just begin to run out of time:) 
Quick week in review: 
Found a family that is from the Marshall Islands:) They are so awesome and so willing to hear the gospel. They have a 16 year old daughter. The funny story was this.. One time my companion told me she hated fish... and hated sushi. Then one time we were fed raw fish:) We both looked at each other and i began to wonder.. hmmmmmmmmmm how is this going to work... i quickly finished  mine and my companion and without even looking a eachoher switched bowls. It really pays off when you and your companion work together in UNITY:) 
I just want you all to know. God lives. His plan is wonderful and perfect. He has given us EVERYTHING that we need to return to live with him again. Let us be obedient to his commandments that allow us to be free. He will bless us. His blessings are always there. It is up to us if we want them or not. I love love love you:) 
thank you for the countless..... EVERYTHING! 
oh yeah...
p.s. TRANSFERS. Sister Johnson and I are both staying!:) 
love, 
Sister Norton:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment