Monday, January 6, 2014

2 Months? What!!

 
   Sooooooo. HAPPY NEW YEAR huh?! that's crazy that it is a new year... We had to be in by 6 and then we all just went to bed so nothing super exciting happened.. I mean I wrote letters and we all just hung out... then everyone in our neighborhood went crazy at midnight so that was good.. and we didn't really sleep much that night. I am just so glad that all the Holidays are finally OVER let me tell you... FINALLY!! New Years resolutions... um become a better missionary of course and devote myself to Christ and to have more faith to find people... this area is rough and its been tracted a ton. but that's okay because we are not going to give up! I love this scripture and it gives me so much hope...
 
 ALMA 26:27-31
 
27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to aturn back, behold, the Lord bcomforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with cpatience thine dafflictions, and I will give unto you success. 28 And now behold, we have come, and been forth amongst them; and we have been patient in our sufferings, and we have suffered every privation; yea, we have traveled from house to house, relying upon the mercies of the world—not upon the mercies of the world alone but upon the mercies of God.
 29 And we have entered into their houses and taught them, and we have taught them in their streets; yea, and we have taught them upon their hills; and we have also entered into their temples and their asynagogues and taught them; and we have been cast out, and mocked, and spit upon, and smote upon our cheeks; and we have been bstoned, and taken and bound with cstrong cords, and cast into prison; and through the power and wisdom of God we have been delivered again.
 30 And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our ajoy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some.
 31 Now behold, we can look forth and see the afruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are bmany; yea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their
brethren and also towards us.



I know I know its super long but I love the example that these missionaries set for us. I KNOW the work will progress in this area.. good things are about to happen with the new year!
Funny story.... We had a lesson a little bit ago that I forgot to mention I think.. and the male investigator hugged us and it was probably the worlds most awkward thing! ahhhh I was so weird out and it was just super funny and now we just look back and laugh about it. another funny story so the MELTONS are the worlds best people. I love them brother Melton is our WML and I just love him and his wife so much! They are like our second family here and they are the greatest... we had dinner with them and there son who was home over the holidays who served a mission in Brazil and he was telling us funny stories and then he said he had to get mad at some elders because "they hadn't baptized in WEEKS" haahh our mouths dropped and Brother Melton said its okay sisters Washington in very different... that was just funny.. state side missions are so different... but hey its doesn't matter because we are all doing the Lords Work! and then we were helping a member paint her house the other day and her 4 year old daughter stepped right into the paint and paint was everywhere and the mom picked her right up and started painting with her daughters foot... funniest thing ever...
  Thanks for keeping us in all of your prayers we really appreciate it! I love you all so much and I love being a Norton... I love being able to wake up each day and put on my name tag and represent Christ what a blessing...I still have so much to learn and I do EVERY single day! I still cant believe I am away from home... me the baby Norton doesn't live at home... how weird is that!?
CHURCH!! happy day.. Elisabeth and her daughter Abby were able to come and Elisabeth has been super sick and she just came for sacrament but we were then able to have Brother Melton give her a blessing and it was such a neat experience. LOVED IT! and then Kirsten Finley who is a non member who is a potential investigator invited us over to her home to visit and what not and we got to share why we were serving missions and it was another neat experience.. oh and then there was another Investigator who is moving out of our area but she came to church on Sunday and we had a lesson in relief society about hastening the work and all about how members can be super awesome missionaries and at first I felt so awkward for her but then she said "I just want to let you guys know that you ALL GLOW and there is just something about you that people are interested in so KEEP it UP" I felt so much more calmer when she said that and all the ladies started crying,... it was very cute..
Thanks for spending money and mailing me so many things I really am so grateful! I love You all so much and I love the gospel and everything about it. I hope things start to get better here in the LAKE STEVENS AREA. I know that this church is true I know the gospel changes lives and I know that we are all of God's children and that he loves each and everyone of us very much. I am so grateful for Joseph Smith and everything that he did in restoring this gospel.. he is truly amazing... I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND I am so grateful to have you all in my life.. thanks for everything that you do!
love your dearest Sister Norton:)                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment