Monday, April 21, 2014

someone's ENGAGED!!!

HOLY SMOKES.
 
Where oh where do I begin. hello! This week has been super great. I am sorry for emailing super late.. pday has been a little crazy
 
 LET ME FIRST BEGIN.
 
 Dearest deary ERIKA. CONGRATS!! I couldn't be more sad... but yet I couldn't be more happy for you! if that makes sense. I am so excited for you and so glad that Erik is the one that you will be able to spend the rest of your life with. You both get to go to the temple to be sealed for TIME and all ETERNITY. How wonderful is that. SUPER wonderful. I know that is something so important.. and that is part of Gods plan for all of us because of how much he loves us. anyways...  I am happy for Erik and Erika.. the cutest newlyweds know to MAN KIND!! happy day for both of you. and although I will not be able to attend I will most defiantly be there in spirit and I hope you know that.
 
EASTER!! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! Sister Millett absolutely loves Easter and she was so excited. It was probably one of the best times of my mission yet. Saturday we went on exchanges and we weren't with each other ALL day and so finally in the evening when we saw each other we were so excited to be back together. I LOVE her! she's great. That night I finally got her to go crazy with me and it was the funniest thing ever. she made cookies and we just laughed and laughed. (sorry I know you all probably don't really care but hey that's okay) The NEXT morning it was Easter and we just had the best day! we delivered all the cookies to the less actives in the ward on FOOT. yep. The sister that I went on Exchanges with broke sister Millet's bike so we no longer have bikes. Hopefully we will get them back soon!
 
Easter Sunday was great. One of our new investigators came and it was awesome to be with her. Her name is Debra and she called us this week and I picked up the phone and all she said was hi this is Debra and I want to come to your church. I talked to missionaries 3 months ago and I wasn't interested but now I'm willing to listen. WHAT!!! MIRACLE!
we then met with her this week and she came to CHURCH! the lord has truly blessed me so so so much! another miracle for the past week... we were tracting and found another AWESOME investigator... her name is FALICIA. she is just such a sweet lady and we are teaching her this evening.  
 
I LOVE the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love that we were able to celebrate his resurrection and to share that he lives with others is something I will ever be so grateful for.
I love being a missionary. I love being in Washington. and I love you all!
 
I know that I have been all over the place. SORRY my brain is just going a little bit in circles today. SO MUCH to take is. I want to just end with my testimony.
I know that this church is true. I know that, that sentence is yet so simple but so powerful and with that sentence comes a lot of other things that I know. I know that heavenly father sent his son Jesus Christ to atone for my sins and to die for me and that is something that I will ever be so grateful for! I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and because I know that I know that the BOOK of Mormon is true. I know that we are all loved by our heavenly father no matter what we have done. we are all important. I love you all. I hope you all have a wonderful week!
TALK TO YOU SOON!
love sister Norton:)

1 comment:

  1. Alexa, we pray for you every day. Know you are doing great! Your ability to look at the good is wonderful. We love you. We are trying to be missionaries here at home too. We love the gospel. We are happy to hear about Erika. Tell her to write to us.

    ReplyDelete