Monday, April 28, 2014

happiness is for EVERYONE

Hi hiii hiiii
 
 
 TO all the people who will ever read this. I want to start with a fun little analogy that I have thought of this week. I will have you know that I have been so grateful to be on a mission at this young of an age. It blows my mind so much that Heavenly Father trusts me with some of his children. I am working hard at coming closer to my Savior but most importantly bringing others to him as well and it can be quite challenging at times. That is how I feel on my bike on those days where it is just raining and I am soaked. Washington is very hilly... and there are a lot of them around in my area. I am sure gaining a lot of muscle but that is beside the point. The point is, the mission or really anything in life is like most of these hills that I CONQUER each and every day. Going up (in a skirt with the wind blowing) the hill can be quite the challenge BUT as soon as you finish and you get to the top you are able to see what you have just done and you have a beautiful view and you get to coast for a little bit. That's that fun part. I am not sure if this is making any sense just bear with me. what I am trying to say is that a lot like this hills as they GO UP and as they go DOWN there are many UPs and DOWNS to life. One day we may have a super AWESOME GREAT WONDERFUL day and everything seems to be going our way.. then we may come to a point where we really don't want to go up this HILL because it seems like such a climb but in the long run it is so worth it! we are faced with trials and tribulations and that is Heavenly Fathers way of testing us and showing us that we can be molded into something so much greater!
 
as for that little crazy story I am doing good.. this week was a little rough at first and I felt like I was going up this HUGE hill and it was never ending... but thankfully as I put my trust in the Lord and relied more on him I was able to gain a better understanding that I am just a instrument in his work and I am the mouth piece for him. sometimes I say things and I think to myself... OH gosh. where the heck did that come from? the mission is giving everything you possibly can.. and then when you feel as if you can't do it anymore that is when you give a tiny bit more and you see miracles!
Its all about being obedient to the mission rules and showing the Lord that its not what I really want but more importantly what he wants. As latter day saints we are to obey ALL the commandments and in doing so the Lord will bless us. I love that we are given agency and we are to act and to never be acted upon... Satan is very good at tricking us and making us think we may not be worth it but in the end we totally are. WE ARE CHILDREN OF GOD! sorry I just went off...
 
I finished the Book of Mormon this week and I loved the feelings and impressions that I got as I came to the end.. to be able to just know that it is true is so amazing. I know that the book of Mormon was specifically written for us and we really need to be reading from it each and every day. that is my challenge to all of you. Be in the BOOK OF MORMON for just 10 minutes a day.. or maybe even 5.
 
Lets get to the rewarding parts of my week... after all was said and done we were able to find 3 new investigators! Pray that they will be willing receive the gospel:) We had a WONDERFUL "earth day" hahah. and S. Millett totally understood a lot of my inside quotes with myself... specially about the "Canadian boarder patrol" weeeeeee that was great and we just laughed and laughed. and funny fact... I swear everyone in Washington loves P.T cruisers... and as we know I do not like them and so I made it a point to count them every day... yep. its a little fun game that I thought I would just share with you all. I get to about 12 each day.
 
I love you all and I know this church is true. I will leave you with this scripture and Nephi.. its one of my favorites.
2 nephi 4: 20-23.
 
be good! thank you for all the countless prayers each and everyday and thanks for all that you do. love ya all lots!
 
love your dearest
 
Sister Norton
 

No comments:

Post a Comment