Monday, August 11, 2014

TENDER MERCIES are REAL....No matter how small

Obedience brings blessings.... and exact obedience brings forth MIRACLES!! Time to reevaluate things and to start being better. Sometimes I don't know how Heavenly Father puts up with all of us. BUT he does and I am so grateful that he does.

FIRST things FIRST. MACKENZIE and NATASHA. WOOT. HB. HB. HB. HAPPPY BIRFDAYYYY. I love you and hope you have such a splendid day! "Congratulations"!

Lets begin. This week was a little crazy and I was able to experience the spirit working more through me which is something that just cannot be matched. Its pretty amazing. We had exchanges this past week and I was in a different area.. back to Lynnwood with my sister training leaders just for the day.. but this time I was serving in the YSA ward for the day! WOAH. it was so cool and different. We had a bunch of cool things happen but the one that stands out to me the most would be the fact that I was blessed to be able to teach my past investigators son. Which meant that I would be able to see Eric and Kathy again. I was so excited to see them and to see their progress! It was as if Heavenly Father blessed me with that opportunity when I so desperately needed it. As we pulled up to the house I got so excited and knocked on the door... when Eric answered! His face was in SHOCK and he wondered why I was there. We explained and chatted for a bit then sat down for a lesson.... with their son who's in his 20s... after the lesson they caught me up and then Eric turned to me and said.. "wait SISTER NORTON... before you leave I have to show you something..." It was a wedding ring for KATHY! I was so thrilled for the both of them. They have completely changed and are going to be getting married soon. SO COOL!

Heather. THE MIRACLE STORY. WOW. Spirit. amazing. SO STRONG. so PREPARED. and so READY. Those are just a few words to explain what happened this past Thursday night. We finally had set up a time to meet with Heather and have a lesson with her. Her friend was planning on coming with us and we were all a little anxious. I got nervous thinking... okay.. we cant mess up.. this all has to go perfectly and i want her to understand and to just feel something. We got into her house and chatted for a bit and i began thinking to myself.. WHAT if we never have a lesson! what if... this what if that.. anyways as i continued to have these thoughts we finally said that we had to be home soon because we have a curfew! We finally sat down for the lesson and it turned into one of the best discussions i have ever had and in the middle of the lesson i no longer had any of those thoughts and i soon realized that i wasn't teaching.. it was the spirit and it was a neat experience. We asked her to say the closing prayer and she agreed.. there's something about it when people prayer for the first time out loud and they are truly seeking for answers. its incredible. she looked up at us after the prayer and said... ":WOAH. i feel GOOD!" then she told us that she wants to continue this journey!.

I have a strong testimony that Heavenly Father is aware of us in whatever situation that we might be in and he is there to help us.. or simply to just comfort us.

Funny story..this week we were told by a couple older men that we just looked MORMON!

We got stuck in traffic way late one night and it took us about a hour to get home instead of 10 minutes and we got home way to late.. but it was really funny because we rolled down our windows and just started listening to The Forgotton Carols.. maybe we got some weird looks..

oh and i realized that texting investigators gives me more anxiety than anything else..

I just want to end by thanking everyone for all the support that you give me. I am so grateful for the people in my life! love you all! oh and p.s i am so glad the wedding went super well! sorry i couldn't be there! maybe for the next one;)

Sometimes we become the lightning rod, and we must “take the heat” for holding fast to God’s standards and doing His work. I testify that we need not be afraid if we are grounded in His doctrine. We may experience misunderstanding, criticism, and even false accusation, but we are never alone. Our Savior was “despised and rejected of men.”9 It is our sacred privilege to stand with Him

 
LOVE sister Norton.

No comments:

Post a Comment