Monday, November 24, 2014

Happppppy THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe it!? its that time of year again. Oh how I seriously just love the Holidays! As a missionary it has been quite the different experience but I still can't help but just LOVE it. What i love most is being able to see so many different families interact with each other and see the importance of families. It makes me so GRATEFUL for my family. I am so grateful that I know we will be able to live together forever. What a blessing that truly is. I love to see all of the families different traditions and see how they like to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas. 
 These past couple of days i have really been thinking what am i thankful for besides my family, the gospel, food, clothing, a place to live, the list could really go on and on. What i am truly thankful for this week is the plan of salvation and the scriptures. Man did i used to take this for granted. We taught the Plan of Salvation this week and for some reason it hit me harder than it ever has before and it was probably because of this. We are teaching a man named Victor who is 28 and is dating a member in our ward. He has a basic belief of Jesus Christ and is wanting to really know what the "Mormons" believe. We have taught him a couple times and will be able to see him tonight! While we were teaching the Plan of Salvation he asked so many great questions that really got me to thinking about some things. I don't know everything, but there are a few things that i do know. I do know that there will come a time when we will be able to see our savior again, and oh what a joyous day that will be. I want to stand before him and take me by the hand and tell me that i did a good job and i want to be welcomed into his kingdom. I think Enos states it best when he says: d

 27 And soon go to the place of my restwhich is with my Redeemer; for know that in hishall restAnd rejoice in theday when my mortal shall put on immortalityand shall standbefore him; then shall see his face with pleasure, and he will sayunto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is place prepared foryou in the mansions of my Father. Amen.

I know that this scripture is true and when i read it i get chills. There is a place prepared for us after this life and we have so much reason to rejoice. That is why i am so grateful for the scriptures. I really used to think of reading them as a chore and just that if i read them i was done and good for the day. I look at it so much differently now. I LOVE to be reading them and although i don't always understand everything i read it is Heavenly Fathers way of answering my questions because it can be quite hard to speak over my loud voice. haha There have been so many times where i will be reading in the scriptures and i find EXACTLY what i need. God does hear us. That is something i know. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon. it has changed my life and if you have not read it... READ it.. and if you have then read it again. I promise there is something in there that you can and you will benefit from!:) 

This week! We have been working with Elizabeth who is doing so great! She is progressing so well and is so ready to make these changes in her life. Its amazing to see. She has given up smoking and this past week she gave up her coffee. This women has strength, i want to be more like her. She has no support whatsoever from her family and yet she keeps going. She knows the lord is on her side and so do i! 
Jennifer our recent convert is just so funny. It has been such a joy to work with her and to see her continue to progress and learn after her baptism. 
We got so lucky this past week. We had been out on our bikes all day and ran into this man who had met with missionaries in the past and he began to talk to us and tell us how he really needs to make time for god and then he asked for our number. YES! it was so awesome. 

We are working closely with the ward and to our surprise it has done wonders. The ward here is great and so willing to come out with us! We have been so blesses in so many ways. We have been trying to push every member a missionary and to get them more and more involved. I love it up in Ferndale. I know i have said that a couple times. but its the truth. Its great! 

We have our preparation day on Thanksgiving this week and we will have to be in by 6. We were just given a hour to email today:) We will most likely be going over to a members house for dinner and then who knows!

I love you all!! oh and real quick. The funniest and most ironic thing happened this week when we were knocking on doors. We walked up to a house that was playing the song. "ya gotta have faith" (not sure of the title) but it was funny because the women who answered told us she was a non believer and it was something that i was really not expecting.. okay.. i think you really had to be there for this one. it was funny. i promise. 

I am thankful for all you! i am thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the support that you each give me. I love you all so much and i wish you the HAPPIEST THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!! 

Love Sister Norton:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment