Monday, November 3, 2014

oh the journey...happy 1 YEAR!......

Oh the things you learn as a missionary. They can be life changing and so wonderful. It probably sounds cheesy... but its so true. The gospel is... true, worth it, deep, SIMPLE, hopeful, peaceful, comforting. The list could really go on and on. Something that I came across this week that I wanted to share is this. It's a quote from Elder Bednar... and it says. " One of our principal purposes of our existence is to be spiritually changed and transformed through the ATONEMENT of JESUS CHRIST"  This week I gained a stronger testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ and how he lived and died and suffered for me, so that if I follow his example and strive to keep his commandments I can one day inherit the KINGDOM OF GOD and see my Father in Heaven. How awesome is that... If we really just think about it.. ITS AMAZING. There has been a plan created for us to be able to do it! I think the reason I say all of this is because we were able to teach the plan of Salvation a couple times this week and it really has been sticking with me. We offer people the ability to change.. which can be hard. BUT it is possible thorough our Savior Jesus Christ.

  We are working with a women named Elizabeth and it has been so cool to be able to see how she is so ready to find the true church for her and her kids. This week we were able to sit down and plan a day when she would commit to stop smoking. This is one of her setbacks and we are going to be working with her and praying our little guts out to help her overcome this addiction. Please keep her in your prayers as well!:) It was a tender mercy to see her accept the things that we taught.. ALSO.. she came to the ward trunk or treat this past week which was great. We actually had 4 investigators there and it was a great event for them to get comfortable with ward members. Then Sister Garn and I thought it would be funny if we dressed up as Elders... yeah it didn't work out too well..  people thought we were students at Hogwarts... oh well. it happened. 

 I love the ward, the people we are teaching, and the area that I am serving in. I love it here in Ferndale!:) It is so much fun and we have truly seen so many tender mercies of the Lord this past week. One neat thing was that the whole Carlson family was able to make it out to church.. HUGE MIRACLE! we have a lot of great things going on here and I feel so blessed to be apart of this wonderful work..I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week! remember that when we serve others we are serving God :) He will bless us as we do the simple things like reading our scriptures, praying and specially praying in our families and going to church! 

Love Sister Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment