Monday, December 22, 2014

Oh come let us adore Him!!!

MERRRYYY CHRISTMAS! Feliz NAVIDAD

Oh all the wonderfulness of the Christmas Season, i love the hustle and bustle and the way that people are so willing to listen to us at this time of year. I love how we are able to celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. I Love this time of year especially as a missionary. It is almost too crazy to think that it is already my second Christmas as a missionary. Time just seems to be flying right before my eyes. I have gained such a better appreciation with being away and being with others at this time of year. I also am going to keep this one shorter duet to the fact that i will be able to talk to you guys super SOON!.. crazy.
 the BIG NEWS.
 So lets begin. WE have been so unbelievably blessed in CITY of Everett. We have an amazing Bishop that is once again so missionary minded in all that he does and we were able to set up a lesson this week with a great family. It had to have been one of the best and most inspired and spirit filled lesson of my entire mission:) it was so amazing. We have so many part member families that we are working with which can be such a great privileged to put together the missing pieces and help them feel the joy that the gospel can and will bring into their lives. As we taught the Restoration the spirit touched the hearts of these people and they truly felt it. My companion and i walked out of the house and were speechless for a while. I felt exhausted in the best way possible. They are so ready to receive the gospel and they want to change. the mom was baptized when she was 8 but stopped going to church when she was 10 so everything is new to her. They are just an amazing family and we are so excited to be able to work with them:)
oh and then.... i went to Ferndale this weekend. IT was a miracle:) We found a member ride and drove all the way up there so i could be there when one of my past investigators got baptized. I loved that special opportunity to see some many people that i loved so much and to see Elizabeth. She was glowing:) oh and did i mention that I sang..yep! With a couple other sisters. It was so neat!
So much good is going on! I truly feel the peace that the gospel brings into my life. I have been reading this scriputre over and over again this week and i thought you all could benefit from it as well.

1 Nephi 11: 20-23
 20 And I looked and beheld the virgin again, bearing a child in her arms.
 21 And the angel said unto me: Behold the Lamb of God, yea, even the Son of the Eternal Father! Knowest thou the meaning of the tree which thy father saw?
 22 And I answered him, saying: Yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things.
 23 And he spake unto me, saying: Yea, and the most joyous to the soul.

Gods love is perfect. It is as simple as that. God loves us no matter who we are, or what we have done. The gospel of Jesus Christ is simple. It is steps that truly allow us to return to live with our father in heaven again. I have truly felt the spirit of the lord this week and i hope that all of you have as well. Jesus Christ is our savior. He lives and he loves us. That is something i know.
love you all! and Merry Christmas!
Love, Sister Norton
SEE you SOON!:)



No comments:

Post a Comment