Monday, February 16, 2015

SUN SUN SUN!

Oh what a wonderful week that it has been. EVERETT!:) I love love love the people, and the ward and AT LAST! The sun came out.. and it has been pretty sunny for the past couple of days. We are trying to take in all the vitamin D that we possibly can. It's been super wonderful and we have been able to bike around and more people are out, and they are a lot more happier:) LOVE IT
 
 Okay I think that may be enough for the weather update in Washington... hope you all enjoyed:) This is it... It is the last week of the Transfer. These past 2 transfers with Sister Johnson have flown by! The other night we were talking about how fast it has gone. Time is something that has been so strange to me. I know that every missionary says it, but it really does go by so fast! I have enjoyed every single moment so far, and I am so grateful for the things that I have learned. Sadly.. "I'm going to kill my companion" This is the last week that Sister Johnson and I will serve together. It has been so bittersweet helping her prepare to go home, but we are both very excited for this upcoming week. We have so many great things happening in our area, and so many great people to teach the gospel to!
The miracle of the week was this... READY! We were trying to visit a less active sister in the ward, as we knocked on the door a younger girl answered the door. She looked a little shocked and began to tell us that her mom wasn't there but that we could try back another time..then she began to talk with us and said.. "you are not going to believe this, but i haven't been to church in 6 years and i just moved back from Texas a day ago, and i just barley decided to open up the book of Mormon to read it and while i was reading it i heard a knock on the door and it was you guys" HA. There have been to many times where this has happened. This experience truly goes to show that God is real, and that he is aware of us and he wants to help us. He has given us the tools to get by. I know that it was truly inspired for us to knock on her door at the time that she had opened her scriptures.
BEST EXPERIENCE of the week. Kennedy Keo! oh my goodness. I think i have mentioned him just a little but this week was the best. We were able to get a member to come with us who spoke Cambodian, and as this women translated what we were teaching the spirit was so heavy and we could all feel it. At one point we just had to stop and let him know that what he was feeling at the very moment was heavenly father. WOW! it was SO NEAT!
We are working with a lot of people that are having a hard time recognizing that they have felt the spirit. The scripture that comes to mind is found in the doctrine and covenants.
 21 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I am the same that came unto mine own, and mine own received me not. I am the light which shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehended it not.
 22 Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might knowconcerning the truth of these things.
 23 Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?
 24 And now, behold, you have received a witness; for if I have told you things which no man knoweth have you not received a witness?
we need to ALWAYS remember that there are certain moments in each of our lives that we have felt the spirit and felt gods love for each of us. I think this scripture says it all perfectly. Let us all try a little harder to write down the spiritual impressions that we receive, which will allow us to get more!
sorry this is all over the place, but i love you all very much! 
love Sister Norton


P.S when your bishop is a DJ and he throws a Valentines dance party.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment