Monday, March 23, 2015

So blessed to be here... Elder Oaks :)

This week was just amazing. Seriously. I couldn't feel more blessed. I know that the Lord is so aware of us and knows exactly what we need no matter what we are going through. We had been counting down the days to go see Elder Oaks since we found out a couple weeks ago. It was a special conference for investigators, recent converts and returning members. In order for us to go we needed to bring an investigator, we were able to bring 5 of ours! It was so awesome, and one of our investigators had the opportunity to actually meet Elder Oaks. It is such a neat experience to be in the same room as an Apostle of the Lord. I love the silence that fills the room when they walk in. He said a lot of great things and I wanted to sum up some of his talk and go through maybe just one of his points..

 - He stated.. "The Lord does not make a promise to those who do not make a commitment" 
Now, he began by talking about why is it that some people will read the book of Mormon and not receive an answer. Which is something that I have wondered for a very long time. I know that I have my own personal testimony and it is something that I can share with others but I cannot force a testimony upon them. A lot of the time we have individuals that will sincerely pray to know and have faith but will never receive an answer, and the reason is because, "The Lord does not make a promise to those who do not make a commitment."
 AH HA! revelation. That is so true! This is how we receive guidance to all the questions that we have. We have to go to the Lord in faith and then here is the hard part that some people tend to miss... we have to be willing to ACT on the answer that we receive no matter the amount of change that WILL occur. He told us that if we really want an answer to a question and we will promise that we will be willing to change, we have to understand that it will cause us to change.. but to be totally and completely transformed to a better us. I believe that is what the gospel does to us, when we are using the Atonement and acting then we become who are Father in Heaven intends us to become:) 
He then went on to talk about how there is always opposition in good things.. which is true.
I could really go on and on but for lack of time I will not.
 Then at the close of the meeting he walked through the aisle to just say hi and talk to as many people as he could. It was such a sight to see him do that. You could just feel the sincere love that he had for everyone. wow. amazing experience:) 


then I was reminded of the moment when I was with Erik, Erika, and Natasha at a homecoming and Elder Oaks was there, and then Erik made sure that we talked with him. I am grateful that he did
that because it gave us an opportunity... well it gave Erik the opportunity to ask him as MANY questions that he wanted to. Oh that was fun!:) 

updates: Masae Paul(pictured attached) She is preparing for her baptism this Saturday:) Super exciting. She always makes up fun food

Randi Johnson who we have been meeting with for a while now is now working towards her own baptism date, she said.. "Now sisters, is may 2nd to close to may day for my baptism" it was just too funny I had to giggle. She is so great! 
Kennedy Keo: who is from Cambodia, wow! his understanding of everything is just getting better and better, it is amazing! 

I love this work and I have a strong testimony of it all. I know for myself that serving a mission has been one of the neatest experiences, and I have become more converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know my purpose and I love that. I've said it once and I will say it a again. A mission is fulfilling! 
LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU ALL! 
Love, Sister Norton:)

No comments:

Post a Comment