Monday, March 10, 2014

4 Monthsss? Wowzaaa!!

Hello!
 
Huh?? I promise you all I just left home. Or so it feels that way. Funny story. The other day I was talking to someone and he asked me how long I had been out and I said oh just a couple months... and then my companion looked at me and said.. hahah shes been out for 4 months! and then all of a sudden it hit me. WEIRD!
 
Let's begin. I love this gospel.. so so so so much. I have learned that we have been given so much in this life and my testimony of the book of Mormon has truly been strengthened for a couple of reasons. 1. because this last week I was able to see the Book of Mormon change one of our investigators lives. It was such a cool thing to experience. We went to a lesson for Eric and Kathy and Eric loves loves loves the Book of Mormon. He has just finished 1 Nephi and loves the story line.. although he did get a little frustrated with the writing style and I couldn't help but laugh. ooops. But I can relate to him so its all good. While we were teaching he opened up to us and told us where he was at and where he sees all of this going. He said.. "either Joseph Smith had to be a complete genius or this book was truly written by God" and he's right. I have a strong testimony of Joseph Smith. I know that he was called of God to restore this church. I again couldn't help but laugh while he was saying this, you all have to understand how this man thinks. In a way he is just like Papa D. very logical. and very smart. we have a good relationship so I am able to laugh at him and say certain things. He said, I WANT TO BE BAPTIZED! wahooooo!!!  Now the next step is to get him and his girlfriend married. they have been together for 13 years. We will be working on that. I know that families can truly be together forever and that is something so wonderful to know. The PLAN OF SALVATION. ahhh its just wonderful. I love it.
  I think I mentioned in one of my emails about a man who we knocked on his door and he yelled at us but we were able to have a good conversation. We met with him again and he is great. He talked to us for a little while and it was such a great conversation and towards the end he looked at me and said. WHAT SIZE shoe are you!? ummmm I told him I had big feet.. and he laughed and said well I have some boots for you! what! he gave me red cowgirl boots. His name is Bill and he is great!
  Saturday was a great day and it rained and it rained and it rained. We were soaked all day long on our bikes and it was great. love the rain! We were able to talk to a lot of people and we went to a part member families house and we asked the 10 year old if he wanted to be baptized and he said yes... we will be working with them and hopefully the dad will let us teach him. he's
the one that wasn't so sure.
  We went to Cottage meeting yesterday and that is just a meeting that is held at the mission presidents house and we can invite investigators to listen to others testimonies and about their conversion story. It was super awesome and I was able to see Sister Wright. It was so good to see her!
 
Well so sorry that I have been all over the place. THIS WORK is crazy and awesome and so true. I love this gospel and the happiness that it brings to others. How wonderful it is to know that we have the ability to repent and to turn ourselves to the savior. I want to leave you all with a scripture.
D&C 1:19-24
I love this. To know that I am weak but can do great things.
love you all so so so much!
Love Sister Norton:)

No comments:

Post a Comment