Monday, June 30, 2014

MALTBY...Miracles!

Good morning! Waking up on pdays is such a good feeling because I just cant wait to read all the great emails and hear from all of you! Last night we were eating at a members house and I was just in awe about how awesome this family was and how grateful I am for my family and how great you all are! FAMILIES ARE FOREVER:) thank goodness.

I love Washington in the summer. Even though everyone says that Summer doesn't come til after the 4th I still love it. It did rain a couple times this week but that's no surprise.. but for the most part it's been SUPER BEAUITFUL. there are blueberry, and blackberries bushes EVERYWHERE. They are just starting to ripen and they are SOOOO good!

This week was super great!  Sister Loose and I were able to see just a couple miracles spring about in our area. There is so much work to be done here! We are working hard with the members to get them more involved with the missionary work here. We are teaching this less active family and trying to get their son to be baptized who is almost 10 and we had such a cool miracle. Missionaries have met with the family in the past a lot and I guess the Dad has never really talked with them.. towards the end of our lesson he came out and he and I were talking and I told him how much I loved the 4th of JULY.. (which by the way I cannot wait!) he invited us to a family party! what what! hopefully we will be able to go. We have been invited to a lot of things but wont be able to attend ALL of them and we have to be in our apartments by 7pm on the 4th of July:( from what people have said I guess it gets pretty crazy here. Anyways that was pretty great! Then we met with one of our investigators who hasn't been willing to meet with missionaries for the past 6 weeks and we finally were able to have a lesson with her this week and tried putting her on date and she said she can see sometime in the future it happening but she can't put a date on it because that just freaks her out! One thing that I am learning is how to be PATIENT and how I need to let people just use their agency any way they want. It can be quite challenging...  but so worth it! A mission is a beautiful thing.

We also have an investigator who is 16 and I finally met her this week. She's fun... and really wants to be baptized but doesn't want to put a date on anything either.... I think Heavenly Father is really testing my patience with all of his children. In the end I learn and see the love that he has for them and I just cant help but want so badly to help them and bring them into this wonderful gospel that we are apart of! We got her to come to church is Sunday because we were speaking.... which that went really well! I introduced Sister Loose and I as a couple just as new couples do in  wards usually do when they move in and everyone got a good laugh out of that. I was nervous because I didn't think they would.  I spoke to them about what is a missionary and what makes a missionary a missionary... I shared with them about an experience that I had that I can share with you all in about a year!  I was able to relate it to the story of Alma the younger who is super discouraged and bummed about no one wanting to listen to him BUT an angle appears to him and tells him to go to the city of Ammonihah again and he does and he goes in a different direction and there he meets Amulek.. that's Alma 8: 15 I think.. go read it! its a great chapter!
 
I love this area. They are some parts of it that are so spread out and some members own so much property, its completely insane.
Sister Norton, Sister Bonham (she is amazing) Sister Milett
Pray that we can find new investigators! Thanks for all the love and support. Seems like you are all doing amazing and just staying super busy. HAPPY SUMMER. and have an AMAZING FOURTH of JULY! wahoooooo!
 

"I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made; I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tinted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am lifted up in prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my goal is heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed, will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table with the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the case of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. When He returns for His own He will have no problem recognizing me, my banner is clear”.

I love this quote. its gives me the ability to keep going! the work is true.
and the worth of souls is truly GREAT in the sight of God. that I know.
I love my Savior.
xoxxoxo
Love Sister Norton:)

P.S. just to share about how funny S. Loose is... We were sitting up on the stand in sacrament waiting to give our talks and we were both a little nervous.. so we were giving eachother PEP talks and while the first speaker is speaking she said in her talk... "WHAT IS LOVE"... and Sister Loose looks at me and says.. baby don't hurt me.
It was too funny...

anyways.. LOVE YOUUUUU ALLLL!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment